In 1871 Reale Manifattura Luigi Cantono
was established in Biella.
Soaps, candles, scented ointments and an exquisite cologne called Acqua di Biella are produced in a delightful building in the heart of the town.
Acqua di Biella N°1 has won numerous awards and medals in Italy and abroad. Its citrus-floral fragrance has won over well-known members of the aristocracy, culture and art since the beginning of the last century.
In 1878 Acqua di Biella was granted the Savoia coat of arms, an honour bestowed only on suppliers to the Savoia Royal Household.
Production of the legendary Acqua di Biella has continued uninterruptedly from 1871 until the present day with the loving devotion of four generations of the same family.
New fragrances distinguished by the same standards of quality that testify to a perfumery tradition in the best Italian style have been added to complement Acqua di Biella No 1